CRACKER BARREL CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
EASY COPYCAT RECIPE
Tender Chicken, Savory Broth and soft dumplings!
– 1 32- ounce container chicken broth
– 4 cups water
– 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 2 cups flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/3 cup shortening
– 1 cup milk
– Salt and pepper
– Boil the chicken broth and water into a large stock pot.
– Add the chicken and reduce heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Add the shortening and use a pastry cutter or fork to cut it into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
Add the milk and stir until a soft dough forms
Turn out the dough on a floured surface and roll the dough until it’s around 1/8th inch thick. Cut the dough into equal squares.
Drop the dumplings into the broth one at a time to keep them from sticking together. Continue adding the dumplings until all have been added.
While the dumplings are cooking, shred the chicken and return it to the pot.
Put chicken back in pot. Season the dumplings with additional salt and pepper, as needed, before serving.
MORE FUN RECIPES
Scribbled Underline 2
BROCCOLI CHEESE CASSEROLE
CHICKEN FAJITA CASSEROLE