1. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together butter and granulated sugar.
2. Once butter and sugar are well combined, add eggs and vanilla and mix some more.
3. Next, add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until cookie dough forms.
4. Divide the cookie dough into two equal halves. Color one half with red gel food coloring and the other with green gel food coloring. Knead each dough half until they’re both completely tinted.
5. Sprinkle a working surface with flour. As well, add flour onto a rolling pin.
6. Begin by rolling out the green cookie dough into a rectangular shape, until it’s slightly larger than 6 in x 9 in. Set aside.
dough into a log.