1. Whisk together sugar and egg.
2. Add butter and vanilla extract.
3. In a smaller bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
4.Combine wet and dry ingredients.
5. Roll cookie dough into a large sphere and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
6. Remove from fridge and let sit.
7. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
8. Dust a clean working area with a/p flour and roll out dough so that it’s about a quarter of an inch thick.
9. Using a round cookie cutter, about 2 inches in diameter, cut out 12 circles out of the cookie dough. Place each one gently on lined baking sheet.
10. Bake cookies for about 6 to 9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
11. To decorate, roll out white fondant so that it’s about a quarter of an inch thick.
12. Use the same cookie cutter to cut out 12 fondant circles.
13. Press one fondant circle on one cookie. Repeat for the rest.
14. Attach Wilton tip #21 to the green decorating frosting and pipe out a triangular shape in the middle of each cookie.
15. Use brown edible marker to draw a trunk at the bottom of the green frosting.
16. Sprinkle with nonpareils. Serve and enjoy!