1. Bring water to a boil and cook onions until tender. Remove the onions from the water and allow to cool. Peel the onions.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir to mix.
3. Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the parsley and parmesan cheese.
5. Add the onions and stir to coat.
6. Transfer to a baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator overnight.
7. Remove the pan from the refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the onions covered for 15 minutes, then remove the cover and cook an additional 10 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly.