1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish. Pour pasta into pan and set aside.
2. Add beef and onions to a skillet and cook over medium high heat.
3. Drain grease and return meat to pan. Add tomatoes and spices and mix well. Heat over medium heat.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour beef mixture onto pasta and add shredded cheese. Stir well. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.